Bacon Potato Chowder

We make a lot of bacon at our house because it’s the only thing Will knows how to cook. And because we really, really, really love it. But while two people can indeed polish off an entire pack of bacon in one sitting, we don’t recommend it. Here’s a great recipe to keep you from guilt-eating all of that yummy crispy bacon. Man, I love bacon.

Bacon Potato Chowder

6 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 large onion, chopped
4 cans condensed cream of potato soup
4 soup cans milk
3 large potatoes cut into ½ inch pieces
½ cup chopped fresh chives
salt and pepper

Stir bacon, onion, soup, milk, salt and pepper, potatoes and ¼ chives in a slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 3 to 4 hours or until the potatoes are tender. Serve with remaining chives.

The original recipe had different quantities of ingredients that I disagreed with (HA) and also added cheddar cheese at the end. I really didn’t see the need for the cheese, this soup was pretty perfect as is, and super, super simple to make, which I’m always looking for. I added the salt and pepper last, because I had no idea how much it would need, so use to taste. This soup has been potato-soup-fanatic (Danielle!) approved!

Oh, and as soon I smelled it I made the decision to serve with crusty bread and lots of butter, all warm and toasty from the oven. Now we know!

3 comments:

  1. SOUNDS SO GOOD. I love a good potato soup, and the best potato soups always have bacon in them.

    Come visit, I'll take you to the Beard's restaurant, they have a great bacon-chives-potato soup like this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOUNDS SO GOOD. I love a good potato soup, and the best potato soups always have bacon in them.

    Come visit, I'll take you to the Beard's restaurant, they have a great bacon-chives-potato soup like this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have double posted comments on both of your blogs today, Krista, sorry! Blogger hates me today! :( I suck.

    ReplyDelete