Shepherd's Pie (Remix)

You are right about your recollection of the Shepherd’s Pie history. It was Pam’s mom who used to make it and I could eat it by the BUCKET.

I thought it would be cool if now I posted my own Shepherd’s Pie recipe which seems a bit lazier than yours (all of my cooking is lazy compared to yours), except for the potatoes…of course!

Shepherd’s Pie

1 lb ground beef
1 packet dry onion soup mix
Frozen peas (eyeball this - you know how big your casserole dish is, I do not)
Butter
salt, pepper, Tony’s
A generous heap of these potatoes
Some real, bonafide cheddar cheese that you just grated. Watch your knuckles, dumbass.


Preheat your oven to 350.

Cook your peas! Add butter and salt and pepper. If you don’t know how to cook a frozen bag of peas and then make it taste good, I can’t help you with that.

Brown the ground beef and drain. Add the onion soup mix to the meat with a little water and mix it all up. Put that on the bottom of a casserole dish. Then put your peas on top of that (I have a thing for layers). Spread the potato goodness all over the peas (If you haven’t tried my potatoes, shame on you!). Sprinkle with cheese. Lots and lots of cheese (add blood and knuckle shavings, if you’re me and you think that packaged, shredded cheese tastes squicky and you have to grate your own). I bake it for around 30 minutes. Slap your husband’s hands when he goes to peek in the oven. It will make you feel domestic.
Indeed! Supreme comfort food! And it’s even better leftover!

1 comment:

  1. your definition of lazy and mine are completely different. you hand-grated the cheese and made potatoes from scratch. hello? ;)

    ReplyDelete