Chicken and Bean Burritos

This was pretty good. As in, I'll definitely do it again, but it wasn't AMAZING. I did it in a slow cooker, but you could easily do this on the stove.

Chicken and Bean Burritos

1 can of condensed Cheddar Cheese soup (I know, I know - I almost barfed when I read that, too)
1 lb. of boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into small pieces

Chili powder
Garlic powder
Salt, pepper, Tony's

1 can of black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can of pinto beans, rinsed and drained
Tortillas! (which I should buy stock in)
Lettuce (shredded), sour cream, fresh tomatoes (diced), cheddar cheese (grated)


Put the chicken, cheddar cheese soup, and chili and garlic powder into your slow cooker. I added a bit of water here, too, so it would stir easier (maybe like two tablespoons?). I put a couple of teaspoons of the chili powder, and one of the garlic powder. I think next time I might add some cumin? I'm not sure, if you make this, let me know what you think. Season it with the Holy Trinity and cook on low for 6 hours. While you pay invoices and take damp dollar bills from sweaty plumbers for change to buy Fritos out of the vending machine. Doesn't that make you want to eat a burrito?

When you get home, take off those shoes. Shit. Add the two cans of beans to your chicken and stir it all up. Are you serious? It's ready to eat, that's it? That's it, let's eat. Spread your tortilla with sour cream, put the chicken and bean stuff all up in it, top with cheese, lettuce and tomato, and fold it all up. Tuck your edges, that's where I usually mess up. It's like wrapping a Christmas gift.

If you're like the us, eat this while you watch the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie. You will never feel so cool again, trust me.

1 comment:

  1. this sounds like exactly what i need right now - hot, sleepy comfort food.

    i am going to make that chicken and wild rice soup ASAP too. my poor respiratory system needs warmth. and chicken.

    ReplyDelete