Apple Oatmeal Cookies (and pizza results)

The pizza turned out ok…it definitely needs improvement. I browned the sausage in a pan with onion and red pepper, added a little salt and Tony’s and my spinach and cooked until the spinach was juuuuust wilted…brushed the dough with olive oil and a LITTLE bit of pesto (because I just CAN’T SAY NO TO PESTO) and put my meat and veggies on. I did one half mozzarella and one half provolone. If I ever decide to do this again, I will add more salt, stick with full provolone (I just love provolone and sausage together, although this is the first time I’ve used it with smoked sausage and not ground Italian on a pizza), and brave the rainstorm to get some fresh basil out of the garden. This would have been SO GOOD with fresh basil! It was edible though and was done it no time, since I didn’t make a homemade crust. If you have some sausage lying around (and I’m pretty sure you do), try it!

I tweeted about Apple Oatmeal cookies and my buddy Danielle asked for the recipe, so here it is. Keep in mind this is another Weight Watchers diet recipe, so it’s not at all sweet and probably not that good in comparison to “real” cookies. I loved them, but if I ever made them for others, I would add sugar…then they would be awesome. As is, they are alright.

Apple Oatmeal Cookies

(makes 12 cookies)

1 ½ cups quick-cooking oats, toasted*
½ cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp cinnamon**
¼ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
¼ cups light brown sugar, packed
¼ cup butter
1 apple, peeled, cored, and grated
1 egg
½ tsp vanilla extract
¼ cup raisins

Preheat oven to 350.

Combine oats, flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.

Cream brown sugar and butter until pale and fluffy. Add the apple, egg, and vanilla, beat until combined. Add the oats mixture, stir to blend, then stir in raisins.

Drop by tablespoons onto a greased baking sheet; flatten with the back of a spoon. Bake until lightly browned, 12-15 minutes.

*just put your oatmeal in a non-stick skillet over medium heat and toast ‘em on the stove for a couple of minutes, keep stirring!
**my secret ingredient to everything ever is nutmeg. If it calls for cinnamon, go ahead and put that in, and then throw in a bit of nutmeg for extra oomph.



3 comments:

  1. HEY, my mama makes homemade pizza dough all the time so if you don't have a recipe and want one, lemme know. :D

    I HALPED.

    ReplyDelete
  2. emmy, i would love your recipe! i haven't found one i'm crazy about yet.

    ReplyDelete