Red Beans and Blah

Yep, I can feel my slump starting. I haven't cooked all week, because Mom and Dad are awesome. They took us out to eat at Sammy's (how much do I love that that place is right by my house??) Monday night, and we had plenty of leftovers for supper last night. Tonight, I will be relying on the miracle of pre-cooked, flash frozen, mass produced entrees. We'll be having the last of the Omaha meatballs I have in my freezer (I pretend that I don't know they're made from veal. Oh, delicious little sad baby cows, I am so sorry. I don't normally eat you!) with...drumroll...Great Value Brand Cheese Manicotti. Don't judge, now. It's pretty tasty, and the ingredients list passes inspection. Whatever gets me out of these shoes and into the bathtub quickest, I'm for.

While that's defrostifying for tonight's dinner, I will cut up an onion and some smoked sausage and put some red beans on to soak. In the morning I'll rinse them, dump them in a crock pot, and simmer them slow all day. Get home tomorrow, cook rice, fry sausage, make cornbread muffins. Eat. Woooo. Exciting. If you need a step-by-step on red beans, just let me know - but if I remember, you don't love them!

Saturday I'm going to see about getting some cilantro for EVEN MORE SALSA AGAIN SOME MORE. I am 100% not tired of it yet and wishing I had some right now. I have some strawberries that need to be used, too, (they were $1 a carton last weekend! Score!) so I might also make a strawberry pie. You know, the kind with the strawberries set in jello, that we'd have at Aunt Nette's sometimes? We'll see.

(Okay, mostly I just wanted to use the PAH tag, because it cracks me up to see it down there. But I really am thinking of making one!)

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE red beans and rice so if you're bored and want to post it for me (like I'll ever make it, psssh, maybe you should not waste your time?), that'd be awesome.

    Lauren's mama makes strawberries in jello with like cool whip layer and pretzel layer? SO GOOD.

    PS. My word verification is "purrin." As in, Battlecat's purrin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PAH PAH PAH.

    1. Need the red beans recipe. One day last year I started CRAVING them, even though I've always hated them. Can't get enough since then! Weird. Is it mom's recipe?

    2. I have some extra cilantro left over. Bring?

    3. I LIKE PAH. PAH IS GOOD.

    4. (@ Emmy) OMG BATTLECAT. Today Will and I pictured Battlcat skiing. It was amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2. I will never say no to free cilantro.

    ReplyDelete