Patience is a Virtue

All day Monday, I thought of salsa. After work, I was determined to have some. Nothing was going to stop me, you know? There was no time for Wal-Mart (hot, tired and cranky in the afternoons, we are), so I did a quick Winn Dixie run-through. They had everything! Except fresh cilantro. Shit.

I washed out my food processor (that I hadn't used in two years, oh my) and had to learn how to use it all over again, but I made the salsa. With dried cilantro I had in my spice cabinet. Fresh would have been better. You can certainly use dried, but be warned that it's merely delicious. Fresh cilantro throws it over the top to super by-God delicious, as illustrated by your batch.

Next time I make salsa (soon), when I'm not so desperate to shovel it into my mouth, I will wait until I have time to go to a store that carries fresh cilantro.

Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment