Our Lady of Perpetual Salsa

Tonight, I will be making my fourth batch of salsa. I have not been allowed to stop making it. This morning, I brought in a big bowl of it for Shayne's student appreciation party (it is Student Worker Appreciation Week, did you know?) and Shayne was very sad he could not have any.

The thing is, I bought a lot of cilantro. I had no idea how far fresh cilantro goes, but man. I have a lot left. We used some on our tacos Saturday night (awwwwesome), and tonight I'm going to heat up some of that shredded chicken I made and froze a few weeks ago, and we are going to have chicken nachos (with salsa, and extra cilantro on top. And green onions. And sour cream. And black olives, probably. And cilantro.)

What are other things one can do with cilantro? I need about...let's say 25 ideas?

Oh, and my food processor leaks. NOW I remember why I hadn't used it in years. So I lay out a towel on the counter to catch all the drips (more like a gush, really), then hose everything down afterwards. I kind of think the salsa making process would be a snap if I didn't have to do that, you know? Do you use a blender? I might try that instead, and donate my old food processor to the local dump.

2 comments:

  1. iiii use a blender because the only processor i have is a mini one. i hate it.

    i have NO IDEA what to use cilantro on except the obvious - tacos, quesadillas, etc. i have zero cookbooks with me (yes, i usually come to work carrying 3-5 cookbooks) because this past couple of weeks have been HECTIC, but i will try and remember to look.

    (sidenote: was supposed to look for strawberry recipes for ben DAYS ago. WHOOPSIES!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s., yes, get rid of faulty kitchen utensils. it's just taking up space and pissing you off. TOSS IT, SISTA.

    ReplyDelete