Broccoli Cornbread

I just threw this together tonight as an experiment, but it worked out pretty well, so I'll share. I didn't measure (surpriiiiise) because I was winging it. BUT. Mix up some Jiffy corn mix. Defrost/steam some frozen broccoli and puree it real quick in a blender or food processor. Mix in the broccoli puree, some shredded cheddar, some garlic powder and Tony's (I think I also put in a few shakes of black and white pepper) - eyeball everything to your taste. Next time I make this, I'll pay more attention to measurements and maybe update this post?

Pour into muffin cups and bake as directed (15-20 minutes) until done. Spread with butter and EAT THEM ALL.

--------------------------------------------------

EDIT WITH ROUGH MEASUREMENTS:

For one box of Jiffy cornbread (which you mix with 1/3 cup milk and 1 egg), add:

5-6 broccoli florets, thawed, pressed dry and pureed
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (plus or minus a pinch or two)
1 tsp. garlic powder (less or more depending on your taste - if a whole tsp sounds crazy to you, halve it)
Pepper and/or Tony's to taste (you shouldn't need any salt, especially if you use Tony's or another pre-salted seasoning, because the cornbread is already salty, and the cheese adds some, too)

This makes 8 muffins or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment