Salmon Croquettes

Hey, we haven't updated since July!

I, personally, have a good reason - I haven't been cooking. I'll make BLTs and tacos every week, pop a frozen pizza in the oven, or we'll drive down the road to Sonic. This has been going on all summer. Last week I sat down to balance our account and noticed it was a little airer than usual. The only thing that had changed was me not cooking so I put on my big girl panties and tallied up all our meals outside of the house for the entire month of August - $350. I asked a lot of people what was the norm for them and got answers ranging from like $50 to $500, but aside from maybe two people, everyone always added how HORRIBLE it was and how GUILTY they felt.

So why shouldn't I change it?

Right now I'm creating a list of monthly roating meals - BLTs and tacos are staying because we love them. I'm adding pork chops and beef tips and at least one occurence of mashed potatoes because Will loves that stuff. I get shrimp and grits and homemade pizza. I'm also leaving plenty of room to play - there's a ton of recipes I've wanted to try for ages and just haven't done it.

For instance, I had four cans of salmon I bought some time last year to make these croquettes. I bet you don't like canned salmon, but here we go!

Salmon Croquettes

(or: salmon patties)

(or, even better: salmon paddies)

4 small cans of salmon, flaked, drained
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup bread crumbs (I used plain), plus some more which I didn't measure
2 tbsp green onion
oil for frying

Heat your oil on medium. MIX ALL THE INGREDIENTS UP. Sprinkle some more bread crumbs all over your patties. FRY 'EM, two minutesish on each side. Eat them.

I wonder if you would like these? Will did, but I remember he had a great-aunt who made salmon burgers he still won't shut up about. Also, I served them with mashed potatoes, so there's that.

Anyway, I'm just glad I'm blogging here again!

1 comment:

  1. we have been living entirely off of BLTs and tacos (and SUBWAY $$) this summer, so hello. hi.

    honestly? i have no idea if i like salmon, canned or otherwise. i haven't ever tried it! make me try it.

    I AM SO GLAD TO SEE YOU HERE. my next post was going to be about won ton wrappers and the things you can do with them, but so far i only have 1.5 things to do with won ton wrappers. it's a work in progress.

    ReplyDelete