oh god help

Something that I'm pretty sure doesn't exist? A meal that is:

1. healthy
2. yummy
3. cheap
4. uses simple, every day ingredients
5. my husband will eat
6. FAST. I originally forgot this.

If you have any ideas, please tell me. I'm sick of eating processed crap that makes me feel gross to save a buck and make him happy or eating really healthy stuff that takes days in advance to plan that he turns his nose up at. And I really hate making two meals, it's a waste of my time and resources. I am a REAL PERSON with hobbies and chores and a life, not some fucking magical unicorn housewife with eight arms and three extra hours in my day.

Why do I want to add a kid to this? A potential picky eater? A probable third meal? Why why why?

4 comments:

  1. Amen. Seriously.

    I'll bet if you made that the focus of this blog and found some good shit, you would be a quadrillionaire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay, i have ZERO idea if this will be in the least appealing to you, but it's my go-to fast meal we both like (and it's healthy).

    it's like fake huevos rancheros?

    make some quinoa. (ok this is sort of uneverydayish, but it's my go-to grain, so i usually make a batch every week and use it for a bunch of things.)

    then put a pile of it on a plate.

    then make some eggs. (i make 3 for cc). overeasy is traditional, but i like it scrambled.

    then add all your toppings.

    avocado, cilantro, cheese, sour cream, salsa -- whatever sounds good. you could also add black beans for more protein...

    anywho. we like it -- and it's FAST -- but also kinda weird. so will will probably barf.

    bye!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm in A MOOD this week, so let me give you my honest opinion here. there is no way i'd be making two meals. dude knows where the bread is, he can make a sandwich if he doesn't like the hot dinner you have prepared with love and care. even curt can open a box of cereal.

    love,
    grumpy-ass

    ReplyDelete
  4. I SO agree with Kendra. Your dad eats whatever I cook, always.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete