a tiny pity party from little sister

Oh wow, I haven’t updated in a month. Look, I have good reasons, I swear. I haven’t been feeling all that well and basically every supper is a rotation of a few things: quesadillas, shepherd’s pie, pizza. Over and over. Rinse and repeat. It’s fast, it’s easy, it gives me time to straighten up the house, work out, tend to my garden (that isn’t producing squat…I mean squash). The weekends are when I have time to cook but they have been busy with family and friends and outings. There are other things affecting my desire to cook, but they’re more for a personal blog, and I’m failing at that one, too.

Tomorrow night I was going to do tacos but we had quesadillas last and are having leftovers tonight. Isn’t that overkill? Maybe we should just build a bedroom onto the back of a Mexican restaurant.

I did make some banana tartlets for the 4th of July, and although they weren’t really a huge hit (can’t blame anybody – I’m not a big fan of the texture of bananas, ugh), I think I’ll share that with y’all. If I remember to bring the cookbook with me. Oh, hell, I’m probably not going to update it because I think only two were eaten.

Basically, I’m a cooking and blogger failure lately, but I settled into failure quite comfortably since I was about 6 years old, so I’m ok with it! Y’all keep reading and I bet the better of the two of us will keep blogging!



3 comments:

  1. Ah, it's no biggie. It's not like we don't get paid if we don't blog. Only do it when you feel like it! That's what I'm doing, I swear. I go through my slumps, too!

    Also thanks for reminding me, I need to make a shepherd's pie. And tacos.

    ALSO also, I liked your tartlets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, Dad was pretty glad that those tartlets were left over...he has made himself sick on them. He LOVED them!! I finally threw out the last one because the bananas were brown. Trust me, if I could have eaten them, the last one would not have been there! they were beautiful and according to dad, delicious!!
    keep your chin up, sweetie...everybody goes through blah times!!
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Maybe we should just build a bedroom onto the back of a Mexican restaurant."

    This is me too, Kristacakes.

    And I tried to make corn on the cob last night but I had PTSD from when I burned myself with boiling water from corn on the cub on Sunday so I literally stopped because I was scared of burning myself again.

    SO YAY COOKING.

    ReplyDelete