Can I Just...Real Quick...

I hate summer. I loathe it. The heat, the humidity, the bugs, the horror. Summertime has ONE redeeming factor. Let me show you it.

This is my lunch today. I'm posting it here to make myself jealous later, when I'm having something less fresh and beautiful:



Tomatoes from Mom's garden, with mozzarella cheese and fresh basil, from your garden. I love you.



Cucumbers from my neighbor's garden (notice how everyone has a garden but me, because I am terrible) - I put a little salt, some dill, and yes more basil. Then I squeezed a lemon over the whole thing. So nice.



LOOK AT THAT. Mom gave me all this fruit, can you stand it?

I can't. I can't get over the variety of fruits and vegetables available to me in this miraculous modern age, and how I didn't grow or buy any of it myself (because I am terrible), it just CAME TO MY HOUSE, asking me to please eat it.

And that is why I won't complain about summer for at least several hours this afternoon.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the pictures are slow/not loading for me, but i think that's because flickr is having issues right now? i hope that's all it is.

    i wish i had time to take more pictures for this site, they really spruce the place up, huh? but i don't have time, and my kitchen is kind of dark and cave-ish so my photo ops are limited. OH WELL.

    ReplyDelete